- OpenAL Soft -- "LGPL-licensed, cross-platform, software implementation of the OpenAL 3D audio API."
- Orx - Portable Game Engine -- Uses OpenAL Soft (see)
- OS X
- "Positional Sound in User Interfaces" -- includes demo that worked for 2D positioning demo.
- Learning Core Audio: A Hands-on Guide to Audio Programming for Mac and IOS -- see "Chapter 9 Positional Sound".
- "A Quick Tour of the Core Audio SDK" -- see
- AVAudioEngine 3D Audio Example (OS X 10.10+)
AUSpatializationAlgorithm(OS X 10.12+)
- "Positional audio" documentation
- soundspace demo (Works really well.) (via)
- (Requires AVbin)
- "Positional Audio distance questions and issues thread"
Android (Using OpenSL or other)
- "OpenSLES with 3D audio"
- "Supported OpenSL ES Features in Android"
- "OpenAL on Android"
- Cricket -- cross platform
Android (Google VR)
- "Spatial audio comes to the Cardboard SDK" -- Includes link to installable demo
- "Using Spatial Audio" (Unity)
- See also: " Get Started with the Google VR SDK for Unity on Android"
- Google VR SDK for Android
howler.js-- see "
pos3d: Get/set the 3D position of the audio source."
- (The 2.0 beta appears to have more comprehensive support: https://github.com/goldfire/howler.js/tree/2.0)
howler.jsbut doesn't entirely expose 3D positioning?)
- "Web Audio and 3D Soundscapes: Implementation"