- Cool cross-platform FLOSS music creation software: https://lmms.io/
- "LMMS Sharing Platform" with additional presents, samples, projects, tutorials etc: https://lmms.io/lsp
- see also: Notes: LMMS
- Video tutorial list: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Video_tutorials#ZynAddSubFX
- Wiki'd version of docs: http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/zynaddsubfx_manual
- mingus -- "cross-platform music theory and notation package for Python with MIDI file and playback support"
- see also: Notes: AKAI MPK49 MIDI Keyboard
- http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/free-music-samples-download-loops-hits-and-multis-627820 heaps (via
- https://musical-artifacts.com/ -- "Helping to catalogue, preserve and free the artifacts you need to produce music."
- EDMProd.com -- Huge resource of posts on various aspects of dance music production. (Kinda looks a bit like a content farm :) but the content seems good although obviously intended as a funnel to the for-pay products available from the site.)
- "Club Track Frequency Map": http://edmprod.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/FM_clubmix_dsktp.jpg [TODO: Host copy locally.]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatonic_scale#Modes -- Note: The "example" column shows clearly the modes relate to the starting note and cycling through the possible notes in order--this was helpful for my understanding. :)
"The Theory and Technique of Electronic Music" -- written by developer of Max/MSP & Pd.